B2B website designs serve an important purpose for a customer’s journey and moving them further through a sales funnel. It is important that these websites keep lead generation and their target audience in mind when creating a new website design. In this article, we will discuss website design best practices for b2b companies, as well as a few examples of current design trends in the b2b space.
B2B website design has seen some big changes throughout the years. Not only has the need for a responsive design become important, but businesses must take into consideration how their website can help improve search rankings and guide a visitor through the sales process. Some factors that can help improve a B2B website design include:
When beginning a b2b website design, it is important to consider the following best practices:
- All b2b website designs should include value statements that resonate with their target audience
- B2B website designs should help move prospects further through the sales funnel through an effective design and development strategy
- B2B website designs should seek to improve online lead generation through frequent creation of new online content to remain relevant within their industry
- B2b website designs should perform well, with a load time of 2.5 seconds or less
- B2b website designs should consider a customer journey and display content in a way that is engaging and improves their level of trust with your brand
- B2B companies should include professional branding and imagery throughout their website design
- B2b website designs should include call to action areas throughout their website as a way to increase conversion rates for their target audience
- B2b website designs should provide a high level of security to protect confidential information of their visitors
- B2b websites should be responsive across all types of devices such as desktops, mobile phones and tablets
- B2b websites should be well optimized for search engine use through effective keyword optimization, a great user experience and creation of new content online
Performance and Security
Having a B2B website design that performs well and is secure is more important than you think. Both performance and security actually affects search engine rankings, with less secure and poor performing websites being ranked lower by search engines. A website with a load time of around two seconds is considered well performing. In terms of security, make sure HTTPS is installed on your website for data protection purposes.
Having a B2B website design that is responsive across all devices is considered an important component for website design. Now more than ever, people rely on smartphones for browsing the web, and it can be frustrating if you have to zoom in and out to view a website design if it is not optimized for smartphone use. Unresponsive web design can also contribute to a high bounce rate due to frustration with the website. Responsive website design is also a factor in search engine rankings, with well optimized websites ranking higher in search results.
A good B2B website design will engage its target audience through content as a way to educate and guide them through the sales funnel. In order to compete with similar businesses, your B2B website design should not only include some of the latest design trends, but also include new content that is created on a regular basis. Not only does new content help in telling your brand’s story, but keeps a visitor exploring your website for longer periods of time. So what types of content should you include in your B2B website design? Below are a few examples:
- Blog posts (could discuss different topics such as innovations in your industry, event recaps, discussion of new products or services, company culture)
- Client testimonials or case studies (these allow visitors to understand how your product or service helped clients overcome different types of challenges through your solutions. Also adds an aspect of relatability to your website.)
- Resource section (could include different documents relating to your industry, such as white papers and other important documents)
- Video or media gallery
- Social media (gives a more personal communication opportunity with visitors and away to share content)
Call to Action Areas
In order to improve conversion rates on a B2B website, you should include “call to action” areas where visitors can further engage with your business. These call to action areas should be included on the home page, as well as throughout other areas of your B2B website design. For a B2B website, this could include buttons to “request a demo”, “request more information”, or talk with a specialist. Inclusion of forms is another great way to improve conversion rates. These forms could have visitors enter contact information and any questions they may have regarding your product. The more information you are able to collect from a visitor, the more opportunity your B2B business will have for further communication with the individual. This will help improve your online customer journey, and help increase sales in the long run through more effective selling practices online.
Photography and Video
B2B website designs should include great imagery and other media in order to capture the attention of your visitors. Stock photography can look outdated and gives less of a personal feel to your business website. Instead, consider having professional photos taken of your office location, products and services, and staff to give a more personalized and professional feel to your website. Including video can also be a great way to educate your audience and demonstrate the advantages of your products or services.
Inclusion of Value Statements
Another website design best practice is to include value statements within your B2B website design. Value statements help visitors understand how your B2B business can help them and maybe why they should choose you over another business that offers a similar solution. Below are a few examples of value statements you could include in your B2B website design:
- Competitive Advantages
- Employee Bios (maybe include experience working in the field)
- Statistics (examples might include total projects completed, regions you have worked in, industries served etc)
- Company culture (what does it look like to work for your business in terms of office life? This can be great for potential applicants)
- Company mission and vision statement (What does your business hope to accomplish? How are you working towards these goals?)
Here are several examples of strong B2B website designs that not only include the latest design trends, but also best embody the features mentioned above.
1. RollparkRollpark is a commercial parking municipality that offers GeoTextile parking garage options for airports, universities, auto manufacturers, and more. The website displays statistics that support the product’s advantages such as cost reductions, durability, reduced construction time, and environmental advantages. The Rollpark website also incorporates statistics throughout their case study section which give visitors a glimpse of how they have helped clients overcome different challenges and their different product uses. Visit site
2. BeameryBeamery is an HR recruitment company that offers technology solutions to help companies attract the right type of talent. The company offers services in three different areas of recruitment — attracting, engaging, and retaining talent. By hovering over the platform you can explore an overview and details on each type of service, which keeps things organized and visitors can find the information they need quickly. The Beamery website also includes a blog section to further discuss topics such as the advantages of data platforms in the recruitment space, company awards, and more. Visit site
3. ImpervaImperva is a data protection solutions provider built on a multi-cloud platform to protect apps and databases. The Imperva website offers the ability to request a demo right from the website, which can help improve conversion rate and engagement for first time visitors. The Imperva website also creates trust in their brand through use of statistics that give a glimpse of types of customers served and global rankings. Customers also have the ability to get product support and training right from their website which is highlighted in one of the headings and the top of the website. Visit site
4. HireLevelHireLevel is a recruitment services agency that can offer a database of applicants and match businesses with top talent. Since HireLevel works with two types of customers, candidates and employers, they ensure that the website is user friendly and guides each type of visitor to the information that they need. HireLevel also incorporates a virtual chat function on their website to help answer any immediate questions that an employer or candidate may have about their services. HireLevel also demonstrates real time application of their services through content sharing on a business blog. Visit site
5. FoodaFooda offers food delivery services (such as pop up restaurants and catering services) to businesses by partnering with local restaurants. The Fooda website displays competitive advantages of their services right on the homepage so visitors immediately understand their convenience, food variety, and attention to health through ingredient choice and dietary customizations. Fooda also offers a case study section on their website, allowing visitors to have a glimpse of customer experiences and brands they have worked with. Visit site
6. ZencityZencity offers data driven technology solutions to government clients through the use of AI technology. Zencity focuses its website on educating customers about how their products help clients collect, analyze, and understand different data points for practical application in their business. We also appreciate that Zencity offers visitors a variety of different types of content, including a blog, consumer reports, and press releases, so they can better understand how the product has helped others through real time scenarios. Visit site
7. WeitzWeitz is a top-level contracting business offering clients services for design and construction. The Weitz website offers a comprehensive project gallery, allowing visitors to filter projects by location, type, and sector. We also like that the Weitz website offers an expertise section which breaks down their experience working in different sectors of construction such as commercial, industrial, and international. For each sector, visitors can then view more information such as statistics for the number of completed projects, information on individual solutions, and a full portfolio. Visit site
8. TargitTargit offers businesses an analytics platform that allows them to track real time metrics and make better business decisions. One thing that we really appreciate about the Targit website is the value statement that they make on the ‘Why Targit’ tab. Targit explains the competitive advantage their product offers over other analytics tracking systems — fast implementation, security, total business ownership, and experience working with a multitude of different industries. Adding a value statement is important for new website visitors as it allows them to understand what you offer and how you see your business as different from your competition. Targit also offers a full resource section on their website that includes case studies, a business blog, webinars, videos, and more. Offering your visitors a resource section allows them to better connect with your brand through increased time spent on the website engaging with your content. Visit site
9. BizzaboBizzabo offers businesses a single platform for in-person virtual and hybrid events. The Bizzabo website does a nice job of providing areas of ‘asks’ to improve conversion rate. For example, as soon as a visitor enters the Bizzabo website, they can enter their contact information to ‘request a demo’. At the top banner on the website, there is also an ask to ‘register now’ for a virtual conference they are hosting. By offering areas throughout a website that ask visitors to enter their information, businesses are able to improve conversion rates and are more likely to turn visitors into customers through increased opportunities for communication. We also appreciate that the Bizzabo website includes a small awards section on their homepage that can help in developing trust in a brand. Visit site
10. SiSenseSiSense offers businesses a powerful analytics platform to help simplify and better understand complex data. Right when you enter the SiSense website, a landing page pops up offering visitors the option to “Request a Demo”. Landing pages are another great way to improve conversion rates since they immediately capture the attention of a new visitor as soon as they enter a website. SiSense also does a nice job cultivating trust in their product through the way they have structured their navigation bar. Visitors are able to first view the platform and solutions to learn about the product. Then, customers are asked again to request a demo or view some of the resources they offer as a way to further explore the site. This is an intelligent way to guide them through the sales process as they first educate about their product, convert the visitor through a demo request, then further engage through exploration of content such as articles, white papers, case studies, and more. Visit site
11. FuzeFuze offers businesses a cloud based communication platform that allows their workforce to work from home. The Fuze website does a nice job of explaining their product right from the homepage through a video showing the products features, as well as breaking down the main uses of the product. We also like that Fuze included a statistics bar showing in real time what their global reach is, the number of websites deployed for their customers, total number of product users, and more. Statistics are a great way for visitors to get a quick understanding of your business expertise and customer base to help develop trust in the brand. Visit site
12. LearLear is a global automotive technology company that offers in-vehicle simulation experiences to customers around the world. The Lear website really focuses on content and visitor engagement by offering up-to-date news and updates right on the homepage. The Lear website also does a great job focusing a portion of its efforts on a careers section of the website. Instead of just listing open positions, potential applicants can get a glimpse of the company’s culture, view employee testimonials, and learn how Lear embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Including a well-built careers section on a website helps visitors better understand why they should work with you and whether they align well with your company’s values and culture. Visit site
13. WorleyWorley delivers engineering, energy, and construction innovations to a variety of global markets. Since Worley is a multi-business company, they do a nice job organizing their different service offerings such as energy, mining, and infrastructure on a webpage and then allowing visitors to click and learn more about the services they have interest in. Worley also offers a full project gallery and case study section under the “Our Work” tab and really focuses the page on industry innovations to help separate their services from competitors. Visit site
Need help with your b2b website design? Alliance Interactive is a full-service Washington, DC based digital agency and a leader in custom b2b website designs that helps attract new visitors and improve online conversions.
Website Design FAQ
Yes! Alliance Interactive is a full service digital agency offering fully custom b2b website design. Our team works closely with key stakeholders at your b2b company to develop an interactive design that aligns with your brand image and is optimized for improved online conversions and better search engine results. Each project of ours includes a discovery and information gathering phase, where we work to fully understand each of our clients goals and explore the current competitive landscape before planning the website design structure. We will then develop a brand new b2b website with an impressive visual design, fully custom content and backend structure that makes updates easier than ever for website administrators.
Yes! Alliance Interactive not only offers fully custom web design services, but will also take care of any website maintenance after a project is completed. Our website maintenance experts will handle all necessary updates and monitoring for your current website, as well as provide ongoing feedback for new improvements that could be made to help improve your online lead generation and inbound marketing strategy.
Alliance Interactive is not just a website design company, we have our clients best interests when developing each project. We include the following in each of our website design projects:
- Over 17 years of industry experience working with other b2b companies on website design projects
- Full collaboration with key stakeholders throughout each project
- Unlimited creative revisions
- Full research and information gathering phase to fully understand the current manufacturing and industrial competitive landscape
- Planning and development phase for an improved organizational structure and better user experience
- Development of custom content and photography for your new manufacturing website
- Creation of new online branding and marketing materials
- Development of a brand new website and custom backend for easier website administration
- Testing and quality assurance
- Improved online lead generation efforts through inclusion of call to action areas throughout the website design
- Website maintenance and digital marketing services are also available after the project is completed
On average, b2b website design projects with Alliance Interactive take anywhere from three to nine months to complete. The pace of each project depends on the complexity of the website and the amount of content that will need to be created for the new web design. Since we also offer unlimited creative revisions, feedback will also play a role in the total time required to create the new design.
No, while Alliance Interactive is a Washington DC digital agency, we also offes fully remote custom website design services. We offer an extensive online toolset for better online collaboration and communication of b2b web design needs and updates to ensure the project best reflects the needs of your brand.
Alliance Interactive wants its clients to have as much creative input as possible to ensure our projects best align with our clients needs. We do this through frequent communication throughout each step of the design process including:
- Research and planning phases
- Analytics review
- Website design structure
- Website development and functionality requirements
- Content planning
- Branding and photography
- Website design revisions
- Lead generation and digital marketing strategy
Yep, Alliance Interactive is a full service digital agency. We believe that websites should always be evolving and growing as business needs change over time, and we will provide you with the tools to help make that happen. We offer monthly website maintenance, hosting and support services to keep your new website functioning optimally, while also providing ongoing feedback for any new updates that can help improve your businesses user experience and lead generation strategy.
Yes! Alliance Interactive provides all of the necessary tools and training to set you up for success. We will develop a brand new backend for your website to make content administration and updates easier than ever. We also include a full employee training phase during the website design project to make sure administrators have the skills they need to make any necessary updates to their manufacturing website’s current content.
Alliance Interactive specializes in design and development of Drupal and WordPress websites. These CMS platforms offer a high level of functionality and content presentation flexibility, making them a great choice when creating a custom website design. These platforms are also very user friendly, perform well and offer a high level of security for visitors online.
Yes! Alliance Interactive understands the need for a mobile friendly website for improved search rankings and a better user experience. Each of the designs we create will be optimized for responsiveness across all desktop, mobile and tablet devices so visitors can access your website from virtually anywhere.