Why are “about me” bio pages so important to include on your website? Including a personal website bio page on your site helps to build immediate personal connections with your visitors. In this article, we will discuss the features that make a great “about me” bio, as well as share some awesome website design examples to serve as inspiration for your next site upgrade or project.
What content makes the best website bio page?
The purpose of a website bio page is to help build trust and credibility in your brand. The bio serves as a short overview to tell a visitor exactly what you do, who you serve, and the impact you have made on others. A well crafted “about me” bio will allow you to stand out among competitors and serve as the foundation for your brand image.
A personal bio gives details about a specific individual working for your business. The personal bio will highlight an individual’s personal experience and years served within your company, as well as any notable achievements or awards received. Showcasing the expertise of the people that make up the business gives greater credibility to your brand.
Website bios often tend to be one of the most visited pages of a website besides the home page. Therefore, it is important to make sure your bio provides the most accurate and up to date information for any notable individuals that work for your business.
You will want to avoid a bio that is too lengthy, as it might deter visitors from fully reading all the information. Instead, keep your bio concise and use statements of impact. You also want your bio to tell a story by showing how different members of your team have helped resolve issues in the past for previous clients. Always keep your target audience in mind when writing each bio by including statements that will resonate with them.
Some features that are important to include in each of your bios are:
- A headshot of the individual
- Short statement on industry experience and years served at the company
- Inclusion of personal responsibilities and leadership
- Describe the personal impact they have had on the company
- Showcase specific areas of expertise
- Highlight notable clients the individual has helped
- Include individual achievements and awards received
- Back up any personal claims made with facts and statistics
- Describe the individual’s personal values and vision for the company
- Include links to professional social media profiles such as LinkedIn
- Call to action area to email the individual or company
Below are some examples of the best website bio page designs we’ve come across and the features they embody: