Do you want to put your business in front of over 800 potential million customers? Facebook has some incredible stats that businesses need to know about, here a couple:
- More than 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- More than 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
So how do you design a business Facebook page? It’s simple, easy, free and in five steps your business will be one step closer to connecting to a vast audience online.
- Go to URL: http://www.facebook.com/
- Select the most appropriate category for your business
- In the Business/Brand Name section enter your business name and select “Create Page” (avoid any inc. llc or other types of business entity abbreviations as they don’t matter for search)
- Create a three to four sentence description of your business and including what you do and where your product or services are available. Of you need to revise this further, click on “edit page” on the top right hand corner. In the “About Section” under the logo area enter your website URL if available.
- Upload a clear well formatted logo of your business to the site by clicking on the image space on the top left section.
- Suggest your page to friends, don’t be shy select all your friends to get the word out.
- Click on import contacts to access friends, colleagues or employees that you may have on an external list or database like Outlook, Constant Contact, MailChimp or Gmail. Each Facebook user will receive a Facebook “Recommend Page” notification, everyone else will receive a Facebook generated email.
- To customize the look and feel, create a Vanity URL for your Facebook Business Page. Navigate to the Username page, select the Page name from the drop-down menu and then write in the name you’d like to use. Click “Check Availability.” If it’s available, a prompt will ask, “Are you sure you want to set [business page url] as [Facebook Page]‘s username?” Click confirm to lock in that URL — this change is permanent and cannot be changed.